Sunday, December 15, 2013

Young Malaysian Artist: Haris Rashid makes God-like Art

Sunday, December 15, 2013







When I say God-like, it is because Haris Rashid uses vibrant colours in his artworks with extravagant patterns and motifs that bring out each illustration. Every single part of the painting depicts 'creation'. I was awed when I saw his artwork on Facebook.

There are literally no words to describe such art style; it literally took my breath away. I often stare at a piece of painting from artists like Frida or Van Gogh, and search for its many stories in it. That is how my soul knows whether a painting has caught my attention. When I saw Haris Rashid's paintings, I find myself again staring at it for a long time, studying its colours and motifs; the elements he uses reminds me of Frida Kahlo's paintings, rich in hues and patterns that tell stories. Look closely.

See more of Haris Rashid's artworks at BehanceFacebook and Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment